how to draw a soccer ball? It can be fun to play soccer, but it’s usually not easy to draw. A traditional soccer ball is made of two flat shapes, a pentagon and a hexagon. A pentagon is a polygon with five faces, while a hexagon has six faces. The instructions in this article will help you to know the shape of a soccer ball so that you can draw it properly, and now let’s get started.
The things you will need to draw a soccer ball
- Drawing tools (black pen, pencil, markers, and other tools you may need).
- Eraser (for pencils).
Read more about: FIFA World Cup
draw a soccer ball: method 1
1. Draw a circle.
2. Draw vertical lines centering each other in the center of the circle.
3. Draw a medium-sized hexagon in the middle of the circle as the first diagram of the ball’s shape.
4. Then draw hexagons slightly smaller in size on three successive sides of the basic hexagon.
5. Fill in the spaces between the lines that meet the vertical lines to get three pentagons.
6. Draw nine small lines to complete the diagram of the ball.
7. Rely on previous diagrams to draw curved lines to enhance the realistic appearance of the ball.
8. Clean the drawing and erase the excess layouts.
9. Then color the ball, apply shading, and draw the ball’s shadow.
Read more about: All About Football
Helpful ideas for how to draw a soccer ball
- You may need to do more than one experiment to master the ball, as there is no mathematical formula that can be followed to draw a perfect ball.
- Draw relatively large shapes, as smaller shapes will look unrealistic and out of place.
- The traditional football design consists of black and white pentagons, but you can mix shapes and colors to get your own unique design.
- Make sure to work slowly and breathe deeply, as the task of drawing a perfect soccer ball can be a bit daunting.
- Draw the lines smoothly so that the final drawing of the ball looks better and more realistic.
- Don’t be in a rush to draw, take your time and you will find it worth it.
- A good way to shade is to start by filling in the area in the shadow area with a pencil, then using the little finger of your hand to soften the color.
- Do not use dark colors at first. Start with the sketch in your first experiment, and you can fill in the lines after you’re done drawing.
- Avoid drawing shapes that are too small, as the shapes should be proportional to the size of the ball.
- Be careful not to smudge the drawing.
- Don’t draw the pentagon too large so it looks proportional to the shape of the sphere.
- Repeat the experiment if you have successfully drawn the first ball.