Belgium Beats the Great Team of Canada
Belgium Beats the Great Team of Canada; Belgium beat Canada 1-0 on Wednesday in the first round of the Group F competition at the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022TM.
Michy Batshuayi scored the game’s only goal in the 44th minute. Alfonso Davis missed a penalty awarded to Canada, which was better in the clash, in the 11th minute.
Start of the match on the floor of Ahmed Ben Ali El stadium:
Minute 01: The game’s first try was from the feet of forward Michy Batshuayi, and the Canadian guard narrowly replied.
Minute 09: Zambian referee Janie Sekazui returns to VAR and announces a penalty for Canada!
The first indications are that Canada will not be an easy summit for Belgium.
Minute 11: Alfonso Davis squanders the penalty!
Minute 13: Hurricane Canada confuses Belgium’s forts, and Crotois ready to defend his goal and save his comrades’ confusion.
Minute 21: A slight improvement in Belgium’s performance.
Minute 23: Hazard’s artistic move goes beyond the Canadian defender and sends a cross to the Batshuayi striker, who misses the opportunity to open the scoring.
Minute 30: Rocket correction by Alistair Johnston is masterfully removed by Courtois.
Minute 40: The Canadian team surprises everyone with a strong and brilliant performance in this match.
Minute 44: Batshuayi exploits a defensive lapse in coverage and fires a strong correction into Canada’s net
Halftime with Belgium ahead of Canada for a free goal.
Minute 50: The Canadian team continues its impressive performances (despite Belgium’s superiority) by threatening Courtois’ goal.
It seems that the speed of Canada’s players in this clash will be one of the reasons for the defeat to Belgium.
Minute 67: Richie Larry’s correction was far from Belgium’s goal.
Minute 68: Des Bruins comrades’ apostates pose a high risk to Canada’s forts.
Minute 80: Kyle Larrain’s header is tackled by Courtois.
The game ended with Belgium beating Canada 1-0.
- Since the start of the 2014 World Cup, Belgium has won 11 of 13 games in the tournament, more than any other team in this period.
- Canada has lost all 4 of their World Cup games without scoring a goal.
- Michy Batshuayi scored his second World Cup goal after his first goal against Tunisia in 2018 and also contributed to 23 goals in 25 appearances for Belgium as a staple in all tournaments (18 scores and five assists).
- Courtois is the first Belgian goalkeeper to save a World Cup penalty since 1966. This was the seventh penalty against the team in this period (except for weighted kicks).
- Canada captain Ateba Hoschnon became the second oldest player (except goalkeepers) to participate in a World Cup match, aged 39 years and 288 days, behind Roger Mila with Cameroon in 1994 (42 years 39 days).